is the shape of destination array.
If mask is absent, the assignment is unconditional.
- Value restrictions:
- All elements of the th subscript array must
be in the range 0, ...,-1 where is the extent of the source array
in its th dimension.
- Type restrictions:
- The elements of the source and destination arrays
must have the same type if primitive. If the element types are Object,
subtypes of all objects referenced by elements of the source array must be
assignable to elements of the destination array.
- Shape restrictions:
- The destination array, all subscript arrays, and
the mask array, if defined, must have the same shape.
- Alignment restrictions:
- All subscript arrays and the mask array, if
defined, must be aligned with the destination array.
- Containment restrictions:
- The source and subscript arrays, the mask
array, if defined, and the destination array must be fully contained in the active progess group.
- Overlap restrictions:
- In-place updates are not allowed.
The source and destination arrays must not overlap--no element of source
array must be an alias for an elements of destination array. This is only
an issue if both arguments are sections of the same array.
- Replicated data:
- If the source array has replicated mapping, the value
for a particular element is taken from one of its copies.
If the destination array has replicated mapping, identical values are
broadcast to every copy of the elements.