- If mask argument is not present the value of largest
element in the array is returned. If mask argument is present
the value of largest element in the array for which the corresponding
element of the mask array is non-zero is returned.
The global subscripts of the first occurrence of this element are written
to the vector loc. If the maximum value occurs more than once
in the array, ``first occurrence'' is defined by ordering the set of global
subscripts with first subscript least significant.
The result values returned value and location are broadcast to all member of
the active process group.
It has same effect as without the mask if all values of the mask
are true. If all elements of the mask are false, it
will return most negative value in its type and loc
will store most positive value in its type.
- Shape restrictions:
- The mask array if present must have the same shape as the
- Alignment restrictions:
- The mask array if present must be aligned with the source
- Containment restrictions:
- The source array and the mask array
if present must be fully contained in the active progess group.
- Replicated data:
- If the source array or mask array if present has replicated mapping,
values for particular elements are generally taken from the nearest copy.
The definition of ``nearest'' is implementation dependent.