- On exit, if mask is not present, the value of
where is the extent of the source array in dimension dim.
The sum is performed in an unspecified order.
If mask is present, the exit value is
It has same effect as without the mask if all values of the mask
are true. If all elements of the mask are false, res will store
It has same effect as if all elements of source array are zero without the
As implied by the replicated alignment of the result array,
results are broadcast in the process dimension associated with
dimension dim of the source array.
- Value restrictions:
- The value of dimension must be in the range
0, ...,-1 where is the rank of the source array.
- Shape restrictions:
- The mask array if present must have the same shape
as the source array. The shape of the result array must be obtained from the
shape of the source array be deleting dimension dimension.
- Alignment restrictions:
- The mask array if present must be aligned with
the source array. The result array must be aligned to the source array, with
replicated alignment in dimension dimension.
- Containment restrictions:
- The source array, mask array if present,
and the result array must be fully contained in the active progess group.
- Overlap restrictions:
- In-place updates are not allowed.
- Replicated data:
- If the source array or mask array if present has
replicated mapping, values for particular elements are generally taken from
the nearest copy.
The definition of ``nearest'' is implementation dependent.
Consistent replication of copies in the result array relies on consistency
of copies in the source array.