Efficient Object Serialization(II)
UKA-serialization (as part of JavaParty)(cont.)
- Better buffer handling and less copying to achieve better performance.
- JDK External Buffering problems
- On the recipient side, JDK-serialization uses buffered stream implementation that does not know byte representation of objects.
- User can not directly write into External Buffer, instead use special write routines.
- UKA-serialization handles the buffering Internally and Public.
- By making the buffer Public, explicit marshaling routines can write their data immediately into the buffer.
With Manta: The serialization code is generated by the compiler
- This makes it possible to avoid the overhead of dynamic inspection of the object structure.